Topics

G&D in latest MR

Chris Shinn <cnshinn@...>

I finally picked up my copy of the latest MR and saw the picture
you spoke about.  Yup, that 2-8-4 looks like J.A.'s handiwork.
I liked the comment of placing it and the Mastodon on display
in the Smithsonian.  A great display could be made with some
large reproductions of the G&D to show people what model
railroading can be.

Chris Shinn
Winnipeg, Canada

Pat Turner

I also like the idea of one in the Smithsonian, but I think as
there are now two one should also go to the new Howell Day model RR
museum at the NMRA headquarters. Of course this is just thinking out
loud as it is up to the people with the engines.

Pat