From: <drs_rr@...>
To: <GandD@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 6:04 PM
Subject: [GandD] Re: Switching at Port

Unfortunatly Allen Fenton passed away in August of 2001, Glenn
Joesten now has the timesaver, see the link included:

http://www.pcrnmra.org/coast/dispatcher/Dec/Dec2001_Page01.doc

Dave Salamon
N Scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

Pat Turner

I have seen the G&D passes sell on eBay in the past for over $100.00.
I would think the DG&H pass would sell for even more as there were
not as many of them around.

Pat T.

--- In GandD@..., "Bob Burgoyne" <cxsnut@m...> wrote:
Greetings G&D fans,

I recently acquired original passes for both the G&D and the Narrow
Gauge
DG&H of John Allen fame. They are photographic prints and appear to
be
signed by the master himself. They were part of a larger collection
of
vintage MRR passes I purchased on EBAY. While not listed in the
description
the attached photo for the auction appeared to have these passes,
and as
luck would have it they were.
Does anyone have experience with these passes? With his
photographic work in
the press, and the timeframe involved, it makes sense that he would
use that
medium to reproduce his passes.
As a side note, any idea of their actual value? No, not interested
in
selling. Regardless of their worth, the link to the past has the
most value.

Thanks Much,
Bob Burgoyne

Unfortunatly Allen Fenton passed away in August of 2001, Glenn
Joesten now has the timesaver, see the link included:

http://www.pcrnmra.org/coast/dispatcher/Dec/Dec2001_Page01.doc

Dave Salamon
N Scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?
p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Bob Burgoyne <cxsnut@...>

Pat,
Thanks for your thoughts on the passes. They resemble the ones shown in the
book about Johns layout from MR. The artwork looks to have been done by hand
in larger form and reduced in size during the photo print process. They are
black and white on parchment with his signature in Blue Ink.
It sure is good to see the activity on this board. I know there are many
more Allen fans out there who haven't found us yet.
Cheers!
Bob B.