From: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Jones via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 5:29 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [GandD] The Bob Hogan 1964 Photo Galley is now on gdlines.org

On 5/17/2020 4:45 PM, Russell Courtenay via groups.io wrote:
Correct link:
https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgdlines.org%2FBob_Hogan_Photos%2FBob_Hogan_Photos%2Falbum%2Findex.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cbob.friddle%40minneapolismn.gov%7C96f73f051ecf407b84b208d7fab1be30%7C0bfb3f5ae8ea4d54b0212b2f910c715f%7C0%7C0%7C637253513622685938&amp;sdata=mk2oeXC%2Bd%2BMNbd3yeUlafaK%2FBMbloHAydW3Dy3HMOsY%3D&amp;reserved=0
Thanks.

--

Rick Jones

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

[EXTERNAL] This email originated from outside of the City of Minneapolis. Please exercise caution when opening links or attachments.

Rick Jones

On 5/18/2020 10:49 AM, Bob Friddle wrote:
OK I am just stunned! My daughter forbids me to say it, but these are just so AWESOME! The lighting and clarity and detail, and new vantage points and oh my...what is that contraption right in the center of slide 4? I don't have the memory that some of you have but I don't remember seeing it ever before?!?!
Are you talking about the 4-2-0 on one of the stub tracks off of the turntable? Looks like one of the early steam engines brought to the US from England? I think I've seen it in a couple of photos before, but it hasn't been photographed as much as John's other engines. I think it's just another of his tongue-in-cheek whimsy models.

--

Rick Jones

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Randy Lee Decker

The little engine on the short track is custom built by John.  Jeff has some nice early construction photo's of it and I think it was an article from John very early.  late 40's...?   Part of the old engines the G&D kept for movie work.
    Being good friends with Glenn Beier since the early days of college, this theme most likely came directly from the many trips Glenn took to photograph so many of the narrow gauge and short lines still in operation out west in the 1950's.  His Steam Echoes Book highlights many of the actors and movies that used steam engines back in the day as well.