Topics

[EXTERNAL] Re: [GandD] great video of up 4014 - totally unrelated to g & d (but of interest to all railfans)

Bob Friddle

Our local 2-8-4 club told me its fed reg but the diesels break down more often than the steamers!

Thanks,

Bob Friddle, AIA, LEED AP

Gabrielle Lines - Route of the Angels

Minneapolis

Working from home: Mobile 612-607-2207

Bob.friddle@...

On May 12, 2020, at 10:24 AM, Kurt Youngmann via groups.io <tgobbi@...> wrote:

 Isn’t that a federal regulation? I believe they need the Diesel in case of a breakdown on the steamer. It’s not like the old days when steam locomotive repair was an everyday occurrence.

But I do agree that the Diesel does a lot to destroy the image.

Kurt Youngmann

On May 12, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

BTW when are they going to STOP dragging that damned Diesel behind that incredible engine..?

***

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

[EXTERNAL] This email originated from outside of the City of Minneapolis. Please exercise caution when opening links or attachments.

Kurt Youngmann

Well, how’s that for irony???

Kurt Youngmann

On May 12, 2020, at 10:27 AM, Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote:

Our local 2-8-4 club told me its fed reg but the diesels break down more often than the steamers!

***

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers." - Thomas Pynchon