Topics

locked Disposition Of Some JA Stuff

Rick Jones

Edited

I received the monthly NMRA eBulletin today. In the President's column was the following bit of information:

In other news, we have received a donation of items salvaged from the home of noted model railroading icon John Allen after the fire that destroyed his home shortly after his death decades ago. These are being catalogued. Some will appear in the "Magic of Scale Model Railroading" exhibit at the California State Railroad Museum, some will be preserved in the NMRA archives, and the remainder will be offered for auction only to NMRA members. Proceeds go to the Howell Day Museum Fund. Details will appear on our website, as well as in a future issue of NMRA Magazine and in a special NMRA eBulletin which we expect will be published in a month or so. This is a rare chance to own a piece of model railroading history, so keep your eyes open for details.
There's no further information on what these items are. At least they are being saved and some of them put on display in the future at the CSRRM.

--

Rick Jones

Rick Jones

On 7/2/2020 1:44 AM, Russell Courtenay via groups.io wrote:
Sorry folks,
I guess we should add a rule ‘no political statements in sig lines’. I really didn’t notice it originally, then had a laugh, then realized, uh oh...
<sigh> I do try to catch and change the more provocative tag lines that my random tagline generator inserts in my postings and change them to something else. Sometimes they slip by me.

--

Rick Jones

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need
it.

Russell Courtenay

And of course, the tag line included this time is perfect.