Topics

Discussion of John Allen's House - Model Railroader Magazine - Forums

Russell Courtenay

Stumbled on this in a search, never read this discussion from 2001 before, including someone claiming ‘Keith’ had never been there the night of the final operation of the G&D, even though he had just said that he was there. People online are always willing to be contentious, I guess...

Unfortunately, there aren’t many names here, does anyone have a list of all those who were there that final evening before the fire? Could some of these still be around and we can hear their stories in detail?

I think someone should archive this page from Kalmbach as it is pretty old and may disappear.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/817.aspx

Michael Rozeboom

On 2020-02-10 6:07 p.m., Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io wrote:
Stumbled on this in a search, never read this discussion from 2001 before, including someone claiming ‘Keith’ had never been there the night of the final operation of the G&D, even though he had just said that he was there. People online are always willing to be contentious, I guess...

Unfortunately, there aren’t many names here, does anyone have a list of all those who were there that final evening before the fire? Could some of these still be around and we can hear their stories in detail?

I think someone should archive this page from Kalmbach as it is pretty old and may disappear.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/817.aspx

Looks like several of the posters deleted their accounts, hence the name "anonymous" appearing.  (Or they disappeared during an update/upgrade of the software). So we don't know who posted some of the questions or answers. At least the messages have survived almost 20 years.

--

Michael Rozeboom

Team Amiga

DCC Wiki Admin

Keith Roger Beard Trinity

Just FYI, that was a different "Keith" than me in those messages. My stories of getting the house are in the archives here I believe. If they got moved over.
KT
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Russell Courtenay

That’s what I figured when I read that, not ‘the real Keith’. :^)

On Feb 11, 2020, at 3:51 PM, Keith Roger <keithtrinity@...> wrote:

Just FYI, that was a different "Keith" than me in those messages. My stories of getting the house are in the archives here I believe. If they got moved over.
KT
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Jeffrey L Witt

That was Keith Blanchard, proprietor of http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/.

See also http://gdlines.info/MR-20010300-045-600_20.jpg

and http://gdlines.org/GDLines/links.html

Haven't heard from Keith in a while, and his web site is still up but hasn't been updated in a long time.

I hope he is well, he was an early contributor to gdlines.com and the Yahoo group.

Yes, that was Keith Blanchard, who is an excellent modeler, himself. As far as I know he's fine. He sold his business years ago. The new owner appears to be focused on O and S scale. I think Randy Decker spoke with Keith not long ago. Keith also loves classic model cars and the real thing. At one point, he was constructing an outdoor G layout.

There's a write-up on GD #43 and Findley's Tioga Pass #31 in my MRH July 2012 article. I had Keith approve my write-up prior to publishing. There is no question that John built and painted #43; however, someone else did some touch-up painting and re-decaled the tender more than once. The decals are dry transfers and not placed nor spaced where John would have. The tender is even numbered. (It's quite disappointing.) I don't think Keith messed with it … it's just not his work. I have seen no photos of this loco on the GD layout. It's also NOT the loco shown in the PFM catalog. (Darn … I wish it was!)

Thanks again, Jeff, for all of your work!