Topics

Did someone mention an NMRA clinic?

Jeffrey L Witt

This is NMRA Clinic #VV23, "Model Railroad Photography" by John Allen.

From a VHS tape, pretty poor quality. Originally, these would have been slides with an audio cassette. The "clang" sound indicates when to advance the slides.

It's a BIG download (~2.5G), but save it to your hard drive. It should play with any media player app, like Windows Media Player or the free open-source program VLC Media Player (highly recommended).

www.gdlines.info/downloads/JA_Clinic.mpg

Jeff

p.s. I tried to upload it to the files directory, but apparently it is too large and was not allowed.

Darryl Huffman

Jeff,

Files and photos are automatically resized to a small size.

Your video cannot be shrunk to that small size.

If you use Google Chrome as your browser, there is a way to store a large video online.  Free

Then a link to the file can be sent to other people.

Darry Huffman

On Friday, July 5, 2019, 4:13 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

This is NMRA Clinic #VV23, "Model Railroad Photography" by John Allen.

From a VHS tape, pretty poor quality. Originally, these would have been slides with an audio cassette. The "clang" sound indicates when to advance the slides.

It's a BIG download (~2.5G), but save it to your hard drive. It should play with any media player app, like Windows Media Player or the free open-source program VLC Media Player (highly recommended).

www.gdlines.info/downloads/JA_Clinic.mpg

Jeff

p.s. I tried to upload it to the files directory, but apparently it is too large and was not allowed.

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

No matter how bad the quality of any of these older recordings, to hear John Allen's voice for long enough to get used to it and know what he sounded like is a real treat.

Randy

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 6:13 PM Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is NMRA Clinic #VV23, "Model Railroad Photography" by John Allen.

From a VHS tape, pretty poor quality. Originally, these would have been slides with an audio cassette. The "clang" sound indicates when to advance the slides.

It's a BIG download (~2.5G), but save it to your hard drive. It should play with any media player app, like Windows Media Player or the free open-source program VLC Media Player (highly recommended).

www.gdlines.info/downloads/JA_Clinic.mpg

Jeff

p.s. I tried to upload it to the files directory, but apparently it is too large and was not allowed.

Russell Courtenay

I’ve had it on my YouTube channel for a couple of years, I downloaded it from somewhere years ago but don’t remember where from. How does this compare to your copy Jeff?

I have is as ‘unlisted’ because I really don’t know the copyright status of this wonderful video.

On Jul 5, 2019, at 4:13 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

This is NMRA Clinic #VV23, "Model Railroad Photography" by John Allen.

From a VHS tape, pretty poor quality. Originally, these would have been slides with an audio cassette. The "clang" sound indicates when to advance the slides.

It's a BIG download (~2.5G), but save it to your hard drive. It should play with any media player app, like Windows Media Player or the free open-source program VLC Media Player (highly recommended).

www.gdlines.info/downloads/JA_Clinic.mpg

Jeff

p.s. I tried to upload it to the files directory, but apparently it is too large and was not allowed.

Jeffrey L Witt

That IS my copy...I played them side-by-side - identical. I did have it available once when Peter was still with us, running gdlines.org, so it may have come from there.

The main issue is the colors are washed out. VLC media player has real-time adjustments where you can tweek it.

That does make it easier than downloading for many people, so thanks for the link.

Russell Courtenay

OK, thanks Jeff, that explains where it came from! Respecting Peter’s bandwidth, I only downloaded a few things from the site, I guess this one video is as big as everything else there!

I will leave it unlisted as it is not my video.

I wish that ‘tags’ were used more often or that download software would automatically tag a video or photos with the web address it was downloaded from. This is technically possible but it seems like no software does this....

Now to identify those funny cat videos downloaded to the hard drive back in the time of computers too slow to stream and play a video at the same time!

Russell Courtenay
July is national what month?

On Jul 5, 2019, at 8:09 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

That IS my copy...I played them side-by-side - identical. I did have it available once when Peter was still with us, running gdlines.org, so it may have come from there.

The main issue is the colors are washed out. VLC media player has real-time adjustments where you can tweek it.

That does make it easier than downloading for many people, so thanks for the link.

Darryl Huffman

Google Drive will hold your video and you can then send a link.

I have used this before.

Vimeo can also be used but I have not tried that method.

Darryl Huffman

On Friday, July 5, 2019, 4:35 PM, Darryl Huffman via Groups.Io <darrylhuffman@...> wrote:

Jeff,

Files and photos are automatically resized to a small size.

Your video cannot be shrunk to that small size.

If you use Google Chrome as your browser, there is a way to store a large video online.  Free

Then a link to the file can be sent to other people.

Darry Huffman

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, July 5, 2019, 4:13 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

This is NMRA Clinic #VV23, "Model Railroad Photography" by John Allen.

From a VHS tape, pretty poor quality. Originally, these would have been slides with an audio cassette. The "clang" sound indicates when to advance the slides.

It's a BIG download (~2.5G), but save it to your hard drive. It should play with any media player app, like Windows Media Player or the free open-source program VLC Media Player (highly recommended).

www.gdlines.info/downloads/JA_Clinic.mpg

Jeff

p.s. I tried to upload it to the files directory, but apparently it is too large and was not allowed.

David Woodrell

I continually get an "error has occurred - please try again later" (or words to that effect) when I try to view your YouTube video link.

Dave

Russell Courtenay

I tried it on the YouTube app and on the phone browser and it worked fine, I will try it on my computer if I can get the kid’s stuff out from in front of it.

Try this link too David: