Topics

Custom Lettering G&D Stuff

Pat Turner

Has anyone done any custom G&D cars or engines? If so, what
lettering did you use?

Pat

okrasaghia

I've started to model G&D in Microsoft Train Simulator.
The lettering on my custom switcher is done with the following fonts:
the railroad name in Playbill and engine numbers in Engravers MT bold
(bold is important as the plain version is a little different).
These look great and are very close to what John Allen used.
I've put a gif-file up to show how it looks.

//Okrasa

--- In GandD@y..., "Pat Turner" <CandSn3@m...> wrote:
Has anyone done any custom G&D cars or engines? If so, what
lettering did you use?

Pat

Pat Turner

The lettering looks good. Now I need to find some Dry Transfers or
decals to match. Keep us updated on how the Train Sim comes out. Are you
doing the entire layout or what.

Pat

I've started to model G&D in Microsoft Train Simulator.
The lettering on my custom switcher is done with the following fonts:
the railroad name in Playbill and engine numbers in Engravers MT bold
(bold is important as the plain version is a little different).
These look great and are very close to what John Allen used.
I've put a gif-file up to show how it looks.

file://Okrasa

--- In GandD@y..., "Pat Turner" <CandSn3@m...> wrote:
Has anyone done any custom G&D cars or engines? If so, what
lettering did you use?

Pat

okrasaghia

Yes I'm doing the whole line but I'll do it in steps so that I have
parts finished for running while working on other parts. It's not an
exact replica of the layout but a model of John Allen's envisioned
prototype. I'm trying to keep the yards as on the layout and also
incorporate landmarks as far as possible. The line is untwisted and
placed in fictious mountain range. If you are interested there is a
message thread for Gorre & Daphetid at www.train-sim.com under the
message area 'Microsoft Train Simulator'.