Topics

Build A G&D Boxcar

Rick Jones

Plans for scratchbuilding your own G&D boxcar are available on this web site:
http://cwrailman.com/GD%20Box%20Car/GD%20Box%20Car1.htm

The plans provided are based on using some paper sides that were provided years ago in an issue of the NMRA Bulletin. You'll have to use scribed sides and decals or dry transfers in place of those.
I was just informed via another group that the owner of this incredibly informational web site passed away last month after being in a motorcycle accident. How long his web site will remain up is open to speculation, so don't hesitate if you have any interest in scratchbuilding one of these. Lots of other great info and plans available for download there too while it's still up. I'm trying to get as much as possible for my future use.

--

Rick Jones

I was a terrible drunk but I reformed. Now I'm a terrific drunk.

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Say it isn't so! His name is Denny Surufka from Scottsdale, AZ. I was just talking to another guy about him a few minutes ago. I couldn't find out anything from the web.

Denny's re-motor articles are a true gem!

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

John Reynolds

I am wondering where I could get copies of those NMRA car sides... Not just the G&D ones either...
John Reynolds

On Monday, July 22, 2019, 04:35:53 PM PDT, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

Say it isn't so! His name is Denny Surufka from Scottsdale, AZ. I was just talking to another guy about him a few minutes ago. I couldn't find out anything from the web.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Rick Jones

On 7/22/2019 6:35 PM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) wrote:
The message I saw was in the Remotor & Regear IO group, of which I understand Denny was the founder or one of the founders. His information on rebuilding brass engines was highly regarded. Luckily his web site I linked to has a PDF of one of his clinics available.

--

Rick Jones

If life deals you lemons, make lemonade; if it deals you
tomatoes, make Bloody Marys. But if it deals you a truckload of
hand grenades...now THAT'S a message!

Tom Milam

John ,

Check ebay, they are listed often. As is those issues on the NMRA Bulletin. I think the early 80`s. I will have check on the exact dates of release, but check ebay, CAR SIDES that is .

Tom Mila

-----Original Message-----
To: GandD <GandD@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jul 22, 2019 9:43 pm
Subject: Re: [GandD] Build A G&D Boxcar

I am wondering where I could get copies of those NMRA car sides... Not just the G&D ones either...
John Reynolds

On Monday, July 22, 2019, 04:35:53 PM PDT, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Jeffrey L Witt

Links to scans of the car sides can be found here:

http://gdlines.info/G&D_links.htm#NMRA_1980_Dec

The cover photo and article of this issue is from Don Mitchell.