Topics

Bosco figures

Karl Woodcock

Guys,

Thanks very much for all the responses. I had Keith’s old email address from many years ago when I bought some of the first figures he made. Unfortunately I had to take a break from Model Railroading but I’m back now and really enjoying it, even if progress is painfully slow.

Tom thanks for the reminder of Keith’s full name and email, Charles for suggestions on modelling my own characters (I just need to get copies of the magazines! Not to easy over here in the UK),  Larry for information on his move, Randy, Rick, Bob and Russell for the alternative suggestions and Tom for reminding me I need to find the vultures. I definitely have some. Now where the heck are they?

Thanks & regards,

Woody

Owner, Director and GDB for the M. T. & L. D. (S&N) Railroad

“The Good Old Light & Heavy”

Royal Sutton Coldfield, England, Great Britain.

Larry Smith

Hey woody

For critters and vultures, try miniprints out of Canada.  I have lots of them and will get some more, especially turkey vultures.  He also has skulls as well.

Larry

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 1:19:14 PM CDT, Karl Woodcock via groups.io <karlwoodcock@...> wrote:

[...]

Charles Kinzer

I’ll try and send you those articles to you by email.

[...]

AndersE

Those figures from miniprints.ca look very nice.
Has anyone suggested to him doing a John Allen set with
Vanderlip, Vestibule, Archbar-Pete, Sorofetz brothers and Emma?
Maybe if several of us would make such a suggestion it could happen?

/anders

James Little

That's a great idea!  I've ordered a couple of figures from him, so I'm waiting to see what they look like. (I usually lurk here)

JIm Little, MMR

David Evans

I’m in for at least two sets!
Dave Evans

James Little

OK guys  I emailed miniprints and here's what he has told me;

"Funny you should mention that because I am planning to do an HO Scale Emma. I created this one out of a toy for my layout but the 3D printed version is going to be much better!

Please do send along any photos you have, as well as which models you think will be the most popular."

If you send me good photos of the figures, I'll forward them to the company.
Also give me an idea of what scales people are interested in.

Jim Little, MMR

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 4:34 AM David Evans <dpevans49@...> wrote:
I’m in for at least two sets!
Dave Evans

Russell Courtenay

Sounds like fun, I might be up for a set in O scale just for fun.

On Nov 11, 2020, at 1:32 PM, James Little <jlittletrains@...> wrote:

OK guys  I emailed miniprints and here's what he has told me;

"Funny you should mention that because I am planning to do an HO Scale Emma. I created this one out of a toy for my layout but the 3D printed version is going to be much better!

Please do send along any photos you have, as well as which models you think will be the most popular."

If you send me good photos of the figures, I'll forward them to the company.
Also give me an idea of what scales people are interested in.

Jim Little, MMR

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 4:34 AM David Evans <dpevans49@...> wrote:
I’m in for at least two sets!
Dave Evans

AndersE

Sounds great James!

I'm in for a set in HO.
As for scales these are 3D printed and no mold is needed, figure is modeled once and the scaled to correct size for printing.
But anyway it should be the usual scales with HO, O & N foremost.

Photos, the best source might actually be BOSCO Figures Facebook and old website.
Since he is no longer in business I think that is morally okay.
The website is no longer online but can be viewed through WayBackMachines internet archive.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BOSCOfigures/photos/
Webpage: https://web.archive.org/web/20160320153629/http://boscofigures.4t.com/Catalog_1.html

Models the obvious ones are;
Emma!
Pres. M.H. Vanderlip https://www.facebook.com/BOSCOfigures/photos/450055338484277
Horace P Vestibule https://www.facebook.com/BOSCOfigures/photos/452897504866727
Archibald Peter Van Slurp https://www.facebook.com/BOSCOfigures/photos/452897504866727
Gordo Sorefeetz https://www.facebook.com/BOSCOfigures/photos/450050208484790
Sorefeetz gang https://www.facebook.com/BOSCOfigures/photos/a.450054058484405/618666288289847

(I can sense a large sum of money going to Canada)

/anders

Keith Glaab

Just re-joined the John Allen G & D list and hopefully I can post now.

BOSCO figures is slow but still providing figures from Oregon.
Please let me know if you would like any of the pewter cast figures in HO scale. Obviously, my direct email & FB site are in the TOPIC links below.
Keith Glaab
BOSCO FIGURES
Keithglaab@...

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

KEITH ... WELCOME BACK!

It's great to hear from you!

James Babcock

I'm in for a set in HO
Jim

James Little

Here's what Miniprints said;

  Emma will likely be the first model. Probably coming in December.

I am pretty backed up with my CustomCrews figures and will look at the other models in the new year (if possible).

Jim Little, MMR

AndersE

Yes welcome back Keith!
I’m sorry I dismissed you as out of business.
Webpage down several years and no update on facebook for two years it’s an easy conclusion.
I’m glad I was wrong and will happily send my hard earned money to Oregon instead of Canada.
(but there might be some cash going to Canada also)
Do you have an up to date list of your figures?
The internet archive version of your site is clearly outdated and the file in this groups file section is even older.
As I’m in Sweden freight will no doubt be the actual cost, no standard freight tariffs.

/anders

Karl Woodcock

Thanks to all those that shared information reference John Allen’s original model figures and Keith’s reproductions through Bosco figures. To add to the comments regarding 3D printing, etc, please note that Keith is very much in business. To quote:

Rumors of BOSCO FIGURES going out of business "have been greatly exaggerated" to misquote Mark Twain.

Please let me know if I can provide pewter figures to you.
Still here in the wilds of Oregon!

Straight from Keith’s Facebook page 17 hours ago.

Cheers,

Woody

Chief Tea drinker, procrastinator and General Dogs Body Class II

MT&LD RR

Karl Woodcock

Thanks to all those that shared information reference John Allen’s original model figures and Keith’s reproductions through Bosco figures. To add to the comments regarding 3D printing, etc, please note that Keith is very much in business. To quote:

Rumors of BOSCO FIGURES going out of business "have been greatly exaggerated" to misquote Mark Twain.

Please let me know if I can provide pewter figures to you.
Still here in the wilds of Oregon!

Straight from Keith’s Facebook page 17 hours ago.

Cheers,

Woody

Chief Tea drinker, procrastinator and General Dogs Body Class II

MT&LD RR

AndersE

Karl, look five messages down and you will see a reply directly from Keith in message #18099 where he announces his comeback to this group.

Regards, Anders