Topics

Berkshire #43 update

okrasaghia

Some time ago I asked about #43.
The other day I got an unexpected but most welcome e-mail from Keith
at Pine Canyon Scale Models. Keith was entrusted with Berkshire #43
by Andrew Allen in the 70's and has been it's keeper since.
He's taken a number of close up photos that I have posted in the
photos section (with Keith's permission).
I strongly suggest you visit the home page of Pine Canyon Scale
Models (http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com). The structures on
offer almost makes me which I was building in HO, they are very good
looking. The high point of the site though is the Pine Canyon RR and
then specially the first layout, got me fooled the first time I
looked
(http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/first_pine_canyon_railroad.htm).

He has also posted pictures of other salvaged material from John
Allens empire and if I understand correctly we can expect more.

Hope you all enjoy this little X-mas present from Keith!

Merry Christmas, Okrasa

Michael Kennedy <cigarguy@...>

List,
The first Pine Canyon is quite an exeptional layout, especially
since, according to the text, construction began when the builder was
only 23 and had limited resources. A fine job indeed!
Thanks for sharing the sight with us. Number 43 is another example of
the artistry of John Allen. Like the text said, John painted this
engine freehand, without the use of an airbrush. And some people wonder
why I think John Allen is my hero....

Mike

okrasaghia wrote:

[...]

k secrest <boxcab_e50@...>

Thanks for posting this site link. It's a great page!
I look forward to further updates and additions.

Ken

http://mailplus.yahoo.com