Topics

Banner for the Museum display

Jeffrey L Witt

Charlie Getz reached out for TIFFs of one of the slides. They want to make a banner for the museum display:

http://gdlines.info/files/s1_034_bridgesquaw_jul71.jpg

This is also the cover of the Sunday River video.

I also inquired of Bob Hayden if he could help; his response:

   Dear Jeff,

   Nothing here. The Benchmark edition was produced using digital copy-dot technology from a hard-cover special edition that I had. There was no original John Allen material involved. Only new material was the chapter on the PFM catalogs and ads, which I think you provided.

   Thanks for your help with the book. It’s now out of print, but there are enough copies out there on the secondary market that anyone who wants a copy can probably find one.

   Sincerely yours, Bob H.

So the "revised edition" content was created by scanning an original copy of the book!!! Crazy!

Hopefully they can get something useful for the banner; I'm not sure how big it's going to be.

Sounds like time for Charlie Getz to flex some muscle with Kalmbach....

On Sep 6, 2019, at 12:06 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

[...]

If somebody needs to borrow a slide (or a slide set) I have “Set #1” and “Set 2”.  Somebody can contact me off group to let me know.

[...]

I think the slide sets shown at www.gdline.org are these slide sets that were sold.  They are at http://www.gdlines.org/GDLines/GD_Galleries/The_Slides/index.html

If so, then the slide sets are already there.

I think somebody may want a physical slide so they can reap maximum resolution to make a large banner.  If so, everybody knows I have a couple sets of slides.  And there are probably other sets out there also.