Topics

Anyone remember a basic overview of the D G Line Blocks?

Russell Courtenay

‘Good friends are good to have’, he was getting out of the railroad part to concentrate on his model building.

Yes, there is a lot of equipment available for using many DCC features and now the new NMRA Layout Command Control while using DC locos without modifications. MRC has many control boxes for DCC loco and layout sounds on DC, many of these are now on the used market at half price.

I am wanting to go full Battery Powered R/C (Deadrail) which is even more expensive but I only have 4 standard gauge and 4 narrow gauge locos at this time. Without sound, conversion from DC to battery power is not bad (there are actually Homebrew DCC and battery systems I am looking at building from standard electronic components for about $20 and programming skills) but it is not cheap either, especially if you have a fleet....

On Aug 19, 2020, at 9:20 AM, Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote:

Wow that’s a good friend indeed, Russell! As I understand it there are also devices that allow you to control the DCC features on a DC layout, some thing you could consider adding on Randy. Just having a couple of locos with sound on the layout would make quite a difference.

Thank you,

Bob Friddle, RA, AIA, LEED® AP Director, Facilities Design and Construction
Department of Finance & Property Services City of Minneapolis
350 S. 5th St, Room 223, Mpls, MN 55415
(Currently working from home) M 612-607-2207
Bob.friddle@... Pronouns: he, him, his