Topics

After some health issues, work has commenced once again on the G&D Lines.


Russell Courtenay
 

Looks great Randy! How’s the layout coming?

During this trying time I have been spending an inordinate amount of time online as I lay in bed but for some reason I haven’t seen this on Zuck’s Book. 

I am doing lots of planning but not much real building besides a bit of work on my 2 1/2x4 foot On30 layout where I can also run my HO G&D cars!

Did they ever make many G&D or DG&H cabooses? Would’ve kinda nice to have one to end my little train. Funny how tiny HO is after working (playing) with O scale and On30 so long!

I hope you are doing OK, I know Upstate New York is not as bad as other places there but I hope you and yours are avoiding this stuff. 

A friend in Wyckoff New Jersey says things are not too bad there, another friend in Camden and others in Hudson and Orange County New York say it is terrible. Things seem to be clearing up here in Idaho, though when you are a 1/4 mile from your nearest neighbor...

Russell Courtenay
Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 


On May 1, 2020, at 6:08 PM, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

I know some of you guy's do not look on facebook even though I have it set up so you do not have to join that social monster website.      https://www.facebook.com/Great-Divide-Lines-423511918192732/?modal=admin_todo_tour

So here's a recent photo of Port Plastics...  It is far from done but there is enough of a resemblance now to let people see it.   
<Port Plastics recent.JPG>


Randy Lee Decker
 

Craziest last 6 months of life imaginable.    But it's all worked out fairly good now.   So much to do Russel....  This building, as nice as it is coming out, is actually only about 55% finished.   But I am so happy to be able to get back to work on everything I just don't care about the time lost brotha…   Every day is a good day.    

Stay well all...! 

  Get away from that portable time shredder and break open a model box Russell.... This hobby is so damned cool.....Go make something to be proud of.      

Randy    

 

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 8:35 PM Russell Courtenay via groups.io <walruswebtech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks great Randy! How’s the layout coming?

During this trying time I have been spending an inordinate amount of time online as I lay in bed but for some reason I haven’t seen this on Zuck’s Book. 

I am doing lots of planning but not much real building besides a bit of work on my 2 1/2x4 foot On30 layout where I can also run my HO G&D cars!

Did they ever make many G&D or DG&H cabooses? Would’ve kinda nice to have one to end my little train. Funny how tiny HO is after working (playing) with O scale and On30 so long!

I hope you are doing OK, I know Upstate New York is not as bad as other places there but I hope you and yours are avoiding this stuff. 

A friend in Wyckoff New Jersey says things are not too bad there, another friend in Camden and others in Hudson and Orange County New York say it is terrible. Things seem to be clearing up here in Idaho, though when you are a 1/4 mile from your nearest neighbor...

Russell Courtenay
Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 


On May 1, 2020, at 6:08 PM, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

I know some of you guy's do not look on facebook even though I have it set up so you do not have to join that social monster website.      https://www.facebook.com/Great-Divide-Lines-423511918192732/?modal=admin_todo_tour

So here's a recent photo of Port Plastics...  It is far from done but there is enough of a resemblance now to let people see it.   
<Port Plastics recent.JPG>


David
 

Randy,

That is some really fine work! Your expertise in fine detail is amazing. Keep up the excellent work, you'll be done in no time but with all those windows it may take you a while. Take care.

David (Dry Gulch & Western)

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 05:08:46 PM PDT, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:


I know some of you guy's do not look on facebook even though I have it set up so you do not have to join that social monster website.      https://www.facebook.com/Great-Divide-Lines-423511918192732/?modal=admin_todo_tour

So here's a recent photo of Port Plastics...  It is far from done but there is enough of a resemblance now to let people see it.   


Randy Lee Decker
 

Windows in my sleep brotha......……..  glass, shades, doors.....  and then Whit Towers will be at least double the amount.   Ahhhhhhhhhh      ….    !  


On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 12:22 PM David via groups.io <hi61izq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Randy,

That is some really fine work! Your expertise in fine detail is amazing. Keep up the excellent work, you'll be done in no time but with all those windows it may take you a while. Take care.

David (Dry Gulch & Western)
On Friday, May 1, 2020, 05:08:46 PM PDT, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:


I know some of you guy's do not look on facebook even though I have it set up so you do not have to join that social monster website.      https://www.facebook.com/Great-Divide-Lines-423511918192732/?modal=admin_todo_tour

So here's a recent photo of Port Plastics...  It is far from done but there is enough of a resemblance now to let people see it.   


Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

Great work, Randy!

I counted 55 3-window castings … YIKES! I remember the research it took to just nail down the dimensions. Well, this has to be a first in G&D structure recreation. I thought it was going to be a long time before we were going to see the fire escape. Keep up the great work!

Sorry to hear that you and Russell had that nasty C-19 virus, but glad you are both recovering.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Randy Lee Decker
 

Hey Tom and the fire escape does not even have half of the railings on yet...  And I have to sacrifice some castings or make a new mold for the far left side of the building and the stone work that needs to be there as well...    It will take more than 200 of these to make Port Plastics and the Whit Tower building.     But it is so much fun to see history come to life in the work so many of us do.    You are going to beat me to Linn's building in Andrews...  Can't wait to see it.     

Yes Health is an issue that we all must deal with.    But I guess the "what does not kill us makes us stronger" always applies in some way.  

Randy         

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 1:34 PM Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:
Great work, Randy!

I counted 55 3-window castings … YIKES! I remember the research it took to just nail down the dimensions. Well, this has to be a first in G&D structure recreation. I thought it was going to be a long time before we were going to see the fire escape. Keep up the great work!

Sorry to hear that you and Russell had that nasty C-19 virus, but glad you are both recovering.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Randy Lee Decker
 

Aww Jees…  I mean far right side of the building Tom.   
    I have a tiny brain, but willing hands and a strong back...   The perfect combination for exploitation and a poor working environment.  John has me going 12 hours a day again...!    I'd complain to you all, but no one in here really cares..  you all just want results!          

(smile face here) 

  


David
 

Randy,

You bet we want results. This is a results driven group. We want you to give 110%, no, 130% effort. You know I am just kidding but you left the door open for me! Take care and keep up the excellent work.

David (Dry Gulch & Western)

On Saturday, May 2, 2020, 04:55:42 PM PDT, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:


Aww Jees…  I mean far right side of the building Tom.   
    I have a tiny brain, but willing hands and a strong back...   The perfect combination for exploitation and a poor working environment.  John has me going 12 hours a day again...!    I'd complain to you all, but no one in here really cares..  you all just want results!          

(smile face here) 

  


Randy Lee Decker
 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     No empathy will be found here mister..  !   LOL   I know,  Me to...!  Go Go Go brotha...!  


On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 12:35 PM David via groups.io <hi61izq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Randy,

You bet we want results. This is a results driven group. We want you to give 110%, no, 130% effort. You know I am just kidding but you left the door open for me! Take care and keep up the excellent work.

David (Dry Gulch & Western)
On Saturday, May 2, 2020, 04:55:42 PM PDT, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:


Aww Jees…  I mean far right side of the building Tom.   
    I have a tiny brain, but willing hands and a strong back...   The perfect combination for exploitation and a poor working environment.  John has me going 12 hours a day again...!    I'd complain to you all, but no one in here really cares..  you all just want results!          

(smile face here)