Topics

A REAL Sneak Peek - GD #2 Gallery plus more is ON LINE!

Jeffrey L Witt

Group,

Check it out, link below. GD #2 gallery only to start.

Comments and suggestions welcome. The GD #3 gallery will be added soon.

You can really zoom in on these and see lots of detail.

It was a true team effort between me and Randy Decker, so many thanks to Randy, the newest member of the GDRP Team!

http://gdlines.org/GlennBeierGallery/index.htm

Keith Roger Beard Trinity

Very very nice guys!
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Keith Roger Beard Trinity

This should warrant a FRESH (new) post on the Facebook page.
I would be happy to do that if you like Jeff.
Keith
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Jeffrey L Witt

Thanks, but let's hold off, Keith, until I:
  • add the GD #3 gallery
  • get any feedback from this group (comment updates, etc.)
  • add a link from the main gdlines.org page
Happy reviewing!

Keith Roger Beard Trinity

Copy..   I did find that releasing things a few at a time was best to get discussion.
Brings back great memories!

--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Keith Roger Beard Trinity

What is that car with the round-weighted load?
In http://gdlines.org/GlennBeierGallery/GD2/slides/GB_GD2_JA_Portrait_1950.html
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Thank you, Jeff and Randy for all your hard work ("labor of love") and expenses on this project! You are supremum "preservationists" and we all benefit from that!

The photos are great and that color shot of layout #2 is really rare. The #60 gas-electric is under construction.

In the third paragraph of the "Glenn" home page, it says, "John lived on 140 Irving Street on timed Cannery Row, which was shut down in those days."
What does, "on timed Cannery Row" mean? Does it mean that the days of Cannery Row were nearing an end?

I checked out the location on a Map app and found 141 Irving Avenue. Across the street was indeed a parking lot and nearby was the aquarium. What a great location!

Thanks again ... really looking forward to more photos!

Of course, I meant "supreme" preservationists ... not "supremum."

"Supremeum"  perhaps?    Ha...  !      Yes if you look at the Overview of Layout #2 there's a nice shot of the little engine John had stolen and the Diesel Salesman is suffering the ultimate disrespect and just hanging there all by himself...   !   Lot of fun stuff and early shots of engines before they were painted etc.   More coming..

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 01:05 PM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) wrote:
In the third paragraph of the "Glenn" home page, it says, "John lived on 140 Irving Street on timed Cannery Row, which was shut down in those days."
What does, "on timed Cannery Row" mean? Does it mean that the days of Cannery Row were nearing an end?
Thanks, Tom - this is the kind of help I'm looking for; OCR mis-read "on famed Cannery Row". Thanks, I'll fix it!

Jeff