Topics

Museum update from Charlie Getz

Jeffrey L Witt

Great news from Charlie; In case you missed it, I sent him and his team my G&D slides for scanning to create a banner for the museum.

"Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry for the delays, but we just met with Gizmo and Don and Brianna. The slides are ready to come back to you and will be sent very shortly by Don. So look for them soon.

You will be amazed and delighted at the fantastic enlargement of one of the slides showing the G&D. It is absolutely spectacular. We saw a small version of it, and learned all of the effort put into expanding the picture to cover a wall. It will be an impressive start to the exhibit.

Thanks again for loaning us these wonderful slides. And look for them in the mail very soon.

Charlie"

Randy Lee Decker

Don...?  Don Mitchell.. ?    This would be outstanding if it is..!  His photographs have got to be allowed see the light of day for John.

Randy

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:05 AM Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Great news from Charlie; In case you missed it, I sent him and his team my G&D slides for scanning to create a banner for the museum.

"Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry for the delays, but we just met with Gizmo and Don and Brianna. The slides are ready to come back to you and will be sent very shortly by Don. So look for them soon.

You will be amazed and delighted at the fantastic enlargement of one of the slides showing the G&D. It is absolutely spectacular. We saw a small version of it, and learned all of the effort put into expanding the picture to cover a wall. It will be an impressive start to the exhibit.

Thanks again for loaning us these wonderful slides. And look for them in the mail very soon.

Charlie"

Jeffrey L Witt

No, not Don Mitchell. One of the folks working on the museum display.

Randy Lee Decker

Well, darn.... I will always keep hope that those remarkable photographs, taken during Johns last few days of life when he was sick, will find their way into the light of day, where they belong and showcase John's complete work.
    Great news on that image you sent being of such high quality to create a wall size image from....!   This is a direct testament to your diligent work and attention to every detail Jeff..      And a testament to the generosity of so many good people who care about John's story.... and the celebration of John Allen that the GDLines site is for everyone who goes there.  !     Nice job bortha...!      Can't wait to see the photographs of these exhibits..  They must be close now.

About Don’s photos:

Does someone somewhere have a listing of railroad publishers that are still operating?

I know many are closing with the health of their original owners declining (Timber Times comes to mind) but I know there are still some out there, White River comes to mind, though they haven’t done many books lately, I think they are pretty busy with their magazines.

I think such a listing would be a great resource.