Topics

Engine House in N scale

clarke_warren@...

JL Witt wrote - "Since at least one of the group members (Clarke
Warren) is using the article to build from (in N-scale, no
less!!!) I wanted to provide the best detail possible, disk space
and bandwidth aside. How is construction coming along, Clarke?"

Thanks very much for asking - I'm about to the point of getting
up the nerve to start. I've been all winter/spring
scratchbuilding in my best Gand D style some western
buildings/industries to support the edge of a small town, and a
logging and mining area. The mine is the Tomopah - from the 3
part MR article in the fall of 1959. I'm 6 weeks into it and
fixing it to the layout this week. Yes - I spend all my time with
a large magnifier light. This was all done to bring my
scratchbuilding abilities to the point of attempting the
Enginehouse. It will sit in the first corner a person sees as
they enter the larger section of my layout - so will be VERY much
a "foreground" industry. Needs full interior, etc.
The articles print beautifully - I just scaled a set to N - I'll
definitely post some photo's when done.
Few people seem to know about the connector branch between Denver
and Gorre in the '30s...
C.

The information contained in this transmission may contain
privileged and confidential information and is intended only for
the use of the person(s) name above. If you are not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.