Topics

1964 G&D Visit

Bob Hogan

Edited

Back in the early months of 1964, I spent an evening with John enjoying the G&D.  Being his usual gracious self, John allowed me to photograph the layout and operate a few of my locomotives on the G&D.  As a young college student, I was just starting out shooting prototype railroad photos using a 4X5 Speed Graphic.  So, not only did we talk model railroading, but John also offered suggestions on shooting with the 4X5.  The G&D photos I shot that night (tri-pod with available light), and others, were published in an article I wrote for RMC several years back.  I'll post others down the road as time permits.  They are all TIF files I scanned for that article, so are fairly large.  In many photos it is interesting to see the yet unfinished portions of the G&D.  Like many others, that evening with John started me down the road to better modeling.
Bob Hogan