Topics

1952 Articles and #43 pictures

Jeffrey L Witt

Hi all,

I realized that I was the only one who could see the articles I
uploaded full size - apparently only the uploader has access to full
size views.

Thus, I have zipped them (along with the text files) and posted them
in the files section.

Okrasa, could you please zip up the #43 full-size pictures and post
it in the files section? I would love to be able to study those
pictures at higher resolution.

I can't wait till more original G+D stuff comes to light - I always
knew that the fire couldn't have destroyed every loco, car,
structure, figure, etc. so there must be a bunch of stuff floating
around somewhere - it would be a shame for it to eventually get
tossed out or given to grandchildren as toys when the owners pass on
(let's face it - very few of John's "group" were as young as Keith,
that lucky devil - thanks for sharing!!).

Regarding the Jan. 2003 pictures in MR, check out the Helengon Gap
photo. You can see the seams for the "Great Slide" access hatch.
Also, directly to the right of the loco, you can see another seam
down between the rock castings...another access hatch or
a "temporary" configuration for the photo? John's photos were so good
that unless you look for stuff like that, you would never notice it.

Season's Greetings!!!

Jeff

okrasaghia

Jeff, the #43 pictures were taken from Keith Blanchards site.
You can view the pictures full size there together with pictures of
other G&D material and the fantastic Pine Canyon RR.
I've visited Keiths site several times the last days and every day he
has added to it thus be sure to check back later.

http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/first_pine_canyon_railroad.htm

Merry Christmas, Okrasa

--- In GandD@..., "Jeffrey L. Witt <jlwitt@y...>"