Modeling the CSP in Dec. 77 RMC, lots of O scale

Russell - Idaho USA <cottonwoodhobbies@...>

Modeling the CSP in Dec. 77 RMC, lots of O scale

I picked up a stack of seven 1977 Railroad Model Craftsman mags on ebay for $3.99 because of an article in the November issue about converting the AHM O scale 0-8-0 I recently bought to a 2-8-0,2-8-4 and 0-6-0 (much more useful wheel arrangements for Idaho modelling)

I also got the December issue with an eight page article 'Modeling the Camas Prairie's Grangeville Line'. What a great find! I haven't read it all the way through yet, but will definately keep this one.

My favorite quote is the blurb in the Table Of Contents about the CSP: "It looks for all the world like a dieselized version of the Gorre & Dephetid".

Couldn't have said it better myself!

All in all I found about 20 good articles in these seven issues, good enough average for me to subscribe if they covered O scale today like they did back then. Of course then the AHM 0-8-0 was only $11.98 and an O scale trainset was $16.98!

And in '79 I started working in the kitchen at high school at $2.15 per hour so everything is relative I guess....

Russell - Idaho USA
http://www.narrowgaugenews.net

---

MacMail - the Webmail service especially for Mac users worldwide
http://www.macmail.com