Re: G&D pass for sale

Russell Courtenay

I am the admin of that for sale group so I approved the for sale post and immediately messaged the group. This is a collectible but I would really like to see a true fan get and treasure it rather than a professional collector...

I was shocked at the prices the NMRA auction got for things that I know of, kinda surprised they haven’t published the auction list or at least contacted all the bidders and let them know what happened on the auctions they were interested in, I bid $200 on consolidation #27 but was sure I would be outbid.

On Nov 24, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

It is sold...   I did not get it but I did message him that I would.     These passes truly are as rare as the price dictated they are.   Just seeing one for sale is Rare..   Today most of these that survive... never see a sale page or auction.  They go to other fans of Johns, passing from one owner and fan to another, and it is an honor to have obtained my passes from Bob in this way.     Hey Bob, an honor to have these sir...

I actually had one of the most rare of all passes recently, an original photographic paper pass hand made by John form the very early days.    You talk about rare...    it went to another super fan of John's and has found an excellent home.