Re: G&D pass for sale

Warner Swarner

Bob,
Agree heartily. Thanks Bob.  I treasure my pass collection from 70’s and earlier.  Wish we could restart the interest.  I have a bunch of my old Glacier Northern (defunct location and previous spouse) passes remaining for free if any one wants to add a nice GN style pass to your collection. If there is a resurgence I will have to get new Bearspaw Southern passes printed. Though, it costs a lot more now to use snail mail or Emma switchers.
Warner Swarner

On Nov 24, 2020, at 8:17 AM, Bob Burgoyne via groups.io <h0n3_bob@...> wrote:

Thoughts:
Beyond being a Pass, consider it is a tangible connection to the Grand Wizard of Monterey himself, John Allen. Connect to John, the Gorre & Daphetid, and his photography. Where else can you possess a part of the G&D? He designed the Pass by hand, reproduced through photography and hand signed and numbered it.
All said, its worth what someone will pay. For many of Johns fans... priceless! My humble fan opinion? $500 would be a bargain. If you have the slightest interest, connect with the seller before you lose the opportunity.
BTW: I speak from experience. Collected passes from the G&D and the DG&H, before imparting them to a fellow G&D historian/fanatic.
Best to you for Thanksgiving,
h0n3bob
Bob Burgoyne

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 8:22:39 AM CST, Gerry Fitzgerald <gfitzgerald111@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I am not familiar with people in the hobby who still collect passes but it might be an active market. The price of almost 400 dollars might seem steep, but the G&D was unique, and certainly that artifact would be a worthwhile addition to someone's collection.

Gerard

Gerard J. Fitzgerald
Crozet, Virginia