Re: Timesaver in O Scale

John Hagen

Alas (as opposed to Atlas), I have no photos. Don’t know why, just never thought to take any.

There is a lesson there, you do anything you even think you may want to show someone, take photos.

Or take up art and paint one. Do something for posterity.

John Hagen

From: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Courtenay via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:05 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] Timesaver in O Scale

Do you have any photos? 

I know I have very few photos of my old train layouts, even though I was known as ‘the archivist’ and always had my camera, tape recorder or movie camera out to everyone’s distain....

Russell Courtenay

Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 

On May 26, 2020, at 11:55 AM, John Hagen via groups.io <sprinthag@...> wrote:

Russell.

The video of Gregory is vey neat. Thanks for posting.

Reminds me that I also used a circle of the sharp radius Atlas track around the Christmas tree. It sat atop a table but the Atlas track allowed me to run my Atlas F9 and a couple of cars. More impressive than HO or Lionel.

I have noticed a few typos in my explanation of the table. The center section was 4 ft and I used 2 sets of legs.

There are others but these would be the most confusing.

John Hagen

From: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Courtenay via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:30 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] Timesaver in O Scale

That is great John!

The larger gauges are great for kids, I was thinking of building a G scale timesaver with LGB track but even used those switches run $50 each!

Gets me thinking: I have about 10 of those old O scale Atlas switches and a couple Plymouth’s, I ought to try that. And the regearing is a great idea! Here is one of the last times I ran mine, Gregory here is now 15, six feet tall and knows it all....

Russell Courtenay

Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#17728) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Visit the G&D Reminiscence Project at www.gdlinesorg
Groups photos: https://groups.io/g/GandD/photos

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [sprinthag@...]

--
John Hagen

Join GandD@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.