Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [GandD] The Bob Hogan 1964 Photo Galley is now on gdlines.org

Charles Kinzer

Well, the technology has sure changed the model railroading hobby a lot.  (For those who want the new capabilities, some still use DC and make wood kits.  But I guess electricity was new at one time.)

I have often wondered what John Allen would have done with the technology, or not, if he were around.  While he was luddite about Kadee couplers, apparently for practical reasons, he would certainly have appreciated the operating advantages of getting away from DC block control.  He seemed to be an operator at a time when many still just watched the trains loop around (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

The JMRIusers group (Java Model Railroad Interface) at groups.io has 9,609 members.  It was once the 8th largest group out of about 29,000 groups.  I see it has slipped to 30th.  Digitrax-Users is now 42nd.

To bend the off topic just once more on my part, this is a joke my minister brother once told me.

“The U.S. government gathered all the brightest minds in computer development to design the most powerful computer of all time.  The purpose was to ask it for answers to age old questions.  When they completed it, the first question asked was the biggest question of all, “Is there a God?”  The computer replied, “There is now!”

Charles E “Chuck” Kinzer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10