Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [GandD] great video of up 4014 - totally unrelated to g & d (but of interest to all railfans)

Bob Friddle

Our local 2-8-4 club told me its fed reg but the diesels break down more often than the steamers!

Thanks,

Bob Friddle, AIA, LEED AP

Gabrielle Lines - Route of the Angels

Minneapolis

Working from home: Mobile 612-607-2207

Bob.friddle@...

On May 12, 2020, at 10:24 AM, Kurt Youngmann via groups.io <tgobbi@...> wrote:

 Isn’t that a federal regulation? I believe they need the Diesel in case of a breakdown on the steamer. It’s not like the old days when steam locomotive repair was an everyday occurrence.

But I do agree that the Diesel does a lot to destroy the image.

Kurt Youngmann

On May 12, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

BTW when are they going to STOP dragging that damned Diesel behind that incredible engine..?

***

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

[EXTERNAL] This email originated from outside of the City of Minneapolis. Please exercise caution when opening links or attachments.