Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [GandD] OTHER FILM also exists

Bob Friddle

This is so cool! Thank you, Jennifer!
When I was much younger, in grad school, I was researching a prairie style house in Milwaukee, and determined that it was likely designed by a particular student of Frank Lloyd Wright’s. I managed to track down his family In Chicago, only to learn that Russell Bar Williamson had just recently died and his children had pitched his entire drawing archive two weeks before, not realizing the value of it. You can imagine my chagrin and the architectural community’s historical loss.
Every little bit counts!

Thanks,

Bob Friddle, AIA

Gabriel lines - Route of the angels

 Minneapolis

On Apr 1, 2020, at 8:28 AM, Randy Lee Decker via Groups.Io <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

 Fantastic Jennifer.....   !  I would say when you are ready Jeff Witt is the man to contact and if you write up a nice tie in about Keith to explain the film and his model railroading interests that would make a nice fun addition to the GDLines pages to click on and the movie to watch.......
   This 8mm film may very well be the only other movie footage that survives.   I am sure others were taken.... but like so many great things... they do not survive the next generations lack of interest.  I am sure Jeff will be in contact, and if you want many of us can give you his info anytime.

Fingers crossed that other wonderful images will be shared to celebrate John Allen and his life and his passion.

Randy

[EXTERNAL] This email originated from outside of the City of Minneapolis. Please exercise caution when opening links or attachments.