Re: Storage limit warning for GandD@groups.io

Charles Kinzer

Groups.io has three plans:

Such warnings go to group owners.  I think it was forwarded to us as a “heads up”.

This is the groups.io stated policy about approaching size limits:

“We send you a warning when you've reached 80% of your storage limit. You can configure your group to either bounce messages when you've reached your storage limit, or to automatically delete old attachments to keep you under the storage limit. Photos and files are never automatically deleted.”

And this is what contributes to storage size (messages themselves are not included in the calculation):

“The following are counted towards the storage limits for your group:

  • Files
  • Photos
  • Images in databases
  • Images in wiki pages
  • Message attachments

Messages themselves are not counted towards the storage limits, only any attachments.”

Here are the three plans they offer:

Basic:  Free, 1GB storage

Premium:  $20/month or $220/year, 20 GB storage (and some other additional features)

Enterprise:  $200/month or $2200/year, 1TB storage (and a few features beyond Premium)