Re: Storage limit warning for GandD@groups.io

Warner Swarner

Russell,
About groups.io
Personally, I would support a voluntary annual dues fee.  (Information access tax?) if this is the only means to assure preservation and access (by all) to our files.
I hate the way the entire information storage business process has sneaked into our lives from IBM early on, to Microsoft, Google and the likes holding us hostage to increasing rental fees for storage as well as use of programs.  No longer do we pay for something and then “own” it.
I still “own” my library of old books, magazines, records and CDs, but fear someday I will no longer be able to afford storing them or be able to access them without some information access tax.  Oh well, just a grumpy old man, in retirement years.  Younger generation seems to not care.  “It’s on the cloud” and they assume whatever they want will always be there.  (I wonder if someone will come up with a book or guitar license and tax?)
For now, pay the duty to the Klingons for our protection until the Borg arrive and assimilate everything.
 Warner

On Mar 8, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech@...> wrote:

We’ve got to decide what we want to do with this.

On Mar 8, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Groups.io <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that your group GandD@groups.io is using over 80% of its available storage of 1GB. The storage space is used by attachments, files, photos, database images and wiki images. You can view the usage statistics for your group here.

Based on your group settings, when the storage limit is reached, the oldest attachments will be automatically deleted to make space.

Note: If your group is already over its storage allotment, we will delete attachments starting in two weeks from when you received this notice.

If you would like to increase the amount of storage space available for your group, please visit:

https://groups.io/g/GandD/plans

Alternatively, you can set your group to bounce messages that contain attachments. To do so, go to your group's Settings page and look for the 'Out Of Space' setting at the bottom of the 'Message Policies' section.

If you have any questions, please visit our help center.

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team