Re: Old Scanners on Windows 10

Haudy Kazemi

I have found that VueScan also has really good hardware support for older scanners. It is currently $40 for 1 year of updates, but the real deal is the $90 for unlimited updates. This product has been around for many years and keeps getting updated to support the latest Windows versions and newer scanners.

I have also found that Linux tends to have better support than Windows, at least for certain old scanners.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020, 17:39 Dale Smith <dalesierra@...> wrote:

I also have an older Epson Perfection 1200 scanner from my Windows XP days, (complete with transparency scanning unit) which wouldn't work on Windows 7 or 10, but I found a work around in installing a driver for a newer Epson scanner which is compatible with my computer and my scanner.  It tricks the computer into thinking it is working with a newer scanner.  Same interface.   For details, send me a private message.

Dale

On 2/2/2020 7:35 AM, Keith Roger wrote:
HI Tom;
Looks like Jeff is getting all the good res pictures for the site.
Re you HP scanner, I too, have a nice scanner from the Win XP era that I could not get to run on Win 8. The installer disagreed with permissions or something.
Anyway, I have an old XP laptop so I just pull that and the scanner out of the garage and scan away! Saves space on the desk too as I don't scan very often.
(we have a all in one printer for day to day scanning quick scanning).
You should be able to find an old laptop with XP on it for cheap.
I did a fresh XP install on it too, to clear off all the crap. Just do not go online with it as they are vulnerable to viruses etc.
Keith
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey