Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [GandD] 1964 G&D Visit - Part 8

Bob Friddle

Edited

Gorgeous work, Bob!

Thanks for sharing,

Bob Friddle

On Jan 26, 2020, at 2:13 PM, Bob Hogan via Groups.Io <robert_hogan@...> wrote:

Tom...
Yes, thirteen images is correct.  I'm happy to share with the group.

Like many of us, I migrated through various stages of modeling.  First hi-rail S scale in the late 1950's, then the HO you saw.  Then onto HOn3 D&RGW after visiting the prototype D&RGW in 1965.  Later I migrated to Sn3 as a better way to do narrow gauge (bigger, better operation, better sound, P-B-L quality brass).  After 30 years in Sn3 I went to S standard gauge with a ng logging operation. Here are a few shots of the old Sn3 RGS layout and today's SP/WP S scale standard gauge layout.  Thanks for asking, even though this isn't G&D content, although John's influence still prevails.  Bob
<MRR #5327*Shed.JPG>

<MRR #4294 BL-3.JPG>

<MRRng e#455 LH-3.jpg>

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 01:42:23 PM EST, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <pr-line@...> wrote:

Thank you so much for the great photos, Bob! It really adds to our archive! I count 13 photos (2 G_D-1 to 2 G_D-13) … does that sound right?

Did you ever build a layout? With those great locos, I would hope so. Feel free to share some of those, too.

[EXTERNAL] This email originated from outside of the City of Minneapolis. Please exercise caution when opening links or attachments.

<MRR #5327*Shed.JPG>
<MRR #4294 BL-3.JPG>
<MRRng e#455 LH-3.jpg>