Re: Gorre & Daphetid in Sn42 – S Scale Trains

George Courtney

I've been S scale standard gauge now for over 20 years.  My druthers was for O scale, but like you, space was the problem.  Biggest problem in S is you have to buy a lot off eBay and steam locos are in short supply.  If you are a diesel fan it's a lot better.  After 25 years in S I have most everything I want now, except I missed out on the G&D boxcar.  HO scale was great for a long time, and can feature more dramatic scenery, but there is just something about the larger locos and cars that seem more realistic.   I have a room 12.5 by 20 and run 39" radius curves with a 2-8-8-2 my biggest steam loco.  I should add if you can handle hi-rail, there are more steam locos to buy.  My 2-8-8-2 was hi-rail but converted to run on scale track.

George Courtney