Re: Gorre & Daphetid in Sn42 – S Scale Trains

Warner Swarner

Russell,
Just my opinion: anything other than completely replicating the full G&D, Having toured the S scale and Sn3 layouts in the Seattle area twice, they leave me “blown away”. IF I were doing things over as a younger man and had adequate indoor space, S scale would be my choice. Sn3 takes the approximate area of HO yet allows detail AND smooth reliable operation, scenic AND sound realism that is just not there in smaller scales. Again, just my opinion, comparing what I have seen, there is so much You can do with S. Having seen the BEST from New York Islands to California, (from the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream Waters) over 70 plus years, S currently presents a very nice option with all things considered. I will stick with Large Scale, but S scale was made for you and me ....... sorry Woody Guthrie moment.
Warner

On Jan 11, 2020, at 7:05 PM, Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have been a fan of O scale all my life and actively working in O for nearly 30 years. But the one difficulty of O scale is fitting a decent layout indoors as a loop of standard gauge is a minimum of 8 feet in diameter.

I have been considering selling off all my O scale standard and narrow gauge and investing in S scale equipment.

This brief article is the G & D connection I’ve been thinking about as I am a fan of the 42” gauge Newfoundland Railway.

http://www.s-scale-trains.com/gorre-daphetid-in-sn42/