Re: Yahoo info about Yahoo groups

John Hagen

I totally agree Yahoo is basically crapplng on all its users. But then, as mentioned, so is everyone else. I have absolutely no love for Yahoo but I also use Yahoo for email and have done so since the middle 90's. And, really, for many years Yahoo gave us an absolutely great platform for our groups. But that was then and this is now. Nowadays, giving a service or product away for free and expecting to make money on your customers using your for profit product's is past. If a provider can make any profit, it is not sufficient to make Stockholders happy. Plus, truth be told, the majority of the general public does have any real product loyalty. They will always seek the cheapest product and go there. This is the world we live in, like it or not. I have so far been able to stay with Yahoo's free email but it that becomes impossible I will use their "plus" service rather than having to have a new email after 24 years. My brother still uses his original AOL email.

--
John Hagen