Re: Yahoo info about Yahoo groups

Russell Courtenay

I don’t understand how Yahoo thinks they can cut and change services, delete content and make all email groups private and still think people will use their services.

I’ve had my same Yahoo email address since 1997 or so, I’ve always been willing to pay a reasonable amount for a good email service but could never understand how Yahoo could expect anyone to pay for the Yahoo Plus email when they have treated their free customers so badly.

They have been around a long time, most other free email providers are gone, but if they just treated their users better they could have turned many more into customers!

On Nov 2, 2019, at 9:43 AM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

Hi Matt,

Yes, I received that email, too, and was going to mention it. Glad we made the move to IO Groups!

I'm going to delete my Yahoo account. I definitely prefer my own ISP (vs. free gmail, msn or AOL) for processing and pushing my email. I also like having aliases so that, if my email address is misused for spam, etc., I have some idea of where they got. I can then change the alias and not have to update (or delete) every vendor, etc. I deal with.