    With the evidence of an almost exact longer copy as he made for the other side of Scalp Mountain the best guess and best evidence of final design our group has come up with so far.
There is just that "John Allen" factor hee that can't be ignored.  He did not like making any two bridges alike.. !  I fact he had managed to NOT do it in the more than 100 he'd already created to that point.    So I guarantee he was considering every option.    Doing both would really be a crazy fun madman's endeavour...!     John would approve...

Randy

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 3:45 PM Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote:

Randy, this is a beauty and certainly John Allen-worthy! I agree he repeated few designs, and this would definitely be a nice addition. I’m thinking that this particular viewing angle, if reversed and scaled properly, could be superimposed on the classic giant canyon photo to get a good idea of its impact. If I can find some time I’ll try to make it happen with my rudimentary skills.

Cheers,

Bob Friddle

Gabriele Lines – Route of the Angels

Minneapolis

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Lee Decker via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:36 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] Study of my own photos from 1971

For the fun of It I might build a version of this bridge..  (Since the notebook sketches we know exist, do not seem to be in the hands of anyone who will ever let them see the light of day) To save the foolish arguments from other who might not actually read the posts.......""I do not think this is what John would have done""..  but Girder connections to some version of a half through arch could easily be made to look quite good.

   Image result for half through arch bridge images