Amen brother, and

Thanks,

Bob Friddle

On Jul 9, 2019, at 10:23 AM, Randy Lee Decker via Groups.Io <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

No sacrilege my friend, John Allen's layout was one cool creation. His layout plan alone did more in the space he had than anything I could come up with on my own for my own space here without making a totally unrealistic bunch of hidden stackers and nonsensical destinations for the sake of more mainline. Even then not a lot more track. I have never seen anything quite as magical as what Johns cellar must have been...
   So any version of his layout or even just a well done scene that is reminiscent of Johns layout is a nice homage to John and it is surprising how many people will actually recognise it.   If you can pull whole sections of John's layout out of your work and your space, and it is what you enjoy doing then smile brotha.. cuz yer model railroading....!  and enjoying the best damned hobby ever invented.

Randy

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 10:35 AM Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote:

That’s been my assumption, and why I developed a three-phase plan, starting with the lower river route to get trains running while I continued to work, then the high bridge route, then the island (shhh, sacrilege follows), although I have not planned to build anything near the actual Gorre track plan, and my thoughts on that have been evolving even more recently…

Bob

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Lee Decker via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 12:10 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] The John Blanchard letters

https://groups.io/g/GandD/photo/89980/0?p=Taken,,,20,1,0,0    Well fun to speculate....   I was just a bit stunned as I thought Gorre was placed early on..  I am wondering if he had it so the legs were movable for a time...    please take a look at your photo from John in 1957 again Jeff.   The entire gorre mountain feature is nowhere to be seen and the angle the shot was taken from seems to put the cameraman right in Taylor Lake.    I am only fascinated by it as I am dealing with this now and if Gorre was there I'd be in real trouble to get around and work on the yard or even cross junction much less that back wall...   I know it was there...  He moved it from the old house so I am thinking it was still a movable section... in 1957.      Food for thought.