Re: The John Blanchard letters

Bob Friddle

That’s been my assumption, and why I developed a three-phase plan, starting with the lower river route to get trains running while I continued to work, then the high bridge route, then the island (shhh, sacrilege follows), although I have not planned to build anything near the actual Gorre track plan, and my thoughts on that have been evolving even more recently…

Bob

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Lee Decker via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 12:10 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] The John Blanchard letters

https://groups.io/g/GandD/photo/89980/0?p=Taken,,,20,1,0,0    Well fun to speculate....   I was just a bit stunned as I thought Gorre was placed early on..  I am wondering if he had it so the legs were movable for a time...    please take a look at your photo from John in 1957 again Jeff.   The entire gorre mountain feature is nowhere to be seen and the angle the shot was taken from seems to put the cameraman right in Taylor Lake.    I am only fascinated by it as I am dealing with this now and if Gorre was there I'd be in real trouble to get around and work on the yard or even cross junction much less that back wall...   I know it was there...  He moved it from the old house so I am thinking it was still a movable section... in 1957.      Food for thought.