From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Lee Decker
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2019 8:47 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] Greg's installation reference photos - steamers

You and Dave Gorelle should talk....  You two hands down are THE best damned paint mechanics I have ever seen.

  When I get to the engines, I can do a good job, many of us can. I use an airbrush and I still use floquil, so a fairly commonplace but good, predictable result.

 I hope I can talk one or both of you into doing an engine for me. I am not sure what your doing but your paint is laying down like it was painted on by little scale men with little scale sprayers.

Randy

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 7:52 PM Greg Komar <gkomar@...> wrote:

Randy,

Randy,

I spent some “quiet” time today and uploaded some installation/construction photos from my latest batch of 13 ( or is it 14??) steamers for the West Virginia Northern.

They’re essentially “in progress” snaps I took so I could remember what I’d done before, to be consistent throughout the project. I don’t have the time now to do any

comments, captions or descriptions that would certainly help, but at least you’ll have photos to reference. Hope they’re of some help.

I didn’t want to clutter up the groups photo section with an extra 350 or so snapshots, so, instead they’re here:

https://gregkomar.smugmug.com/West-Virginia-Northern/Locomotive-Installations

I’m running off for about a month to take reference photos for my own railroad. After 43 years of thinking about it, it’s long overdue…..

Stay tuned for a possible clinic at ProtoRails in Cocoa Beach…”Drones as a modeling tool”

Maybe when I get back, I’ll post some diseasel install photos…

Greg Komar

gkomar@...

 “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”