From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Cartwright via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:18 AM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] Any Ah ? Whimsical, Rebellious, Naughty, Funny or Downright Obnoxious/Annoying Scenes on YOUR LAYOUT - Hidden or Not ? or Neat and Tidy ?

My Brother circa 1963, created a Model Railroading/Model Motoring Layout....but it was mostly about the Scenery.
He hand crafted a woman on a beach towel sunning herself in the nude (Ho Ho Ho Scale he called it).
I was quite intrigued, being all of 10 years old at the time....So for my 11th Birthday, he bought me a subscription to Playboy.
==============
Today if you get too close and look into the bedrooms of some of my Houses...Or up into the 8th Story of a 10 Story High-rise....
I mean who is gonna see if the blinds are open?
https://www.noch.com/en/product-categories/figures-and-decoration/figures/sexy-scenes.html

Yes, N Scale once again !
=============
 I should probably mention....ONCE (Too late) you begin to add interior details and figures to buildings...
Oops!
Begin again !?!?
Well...what happened to me....I began to recreate structures at 100% Authentic to Measured Scale Plus...at a scale of 1:152.
Yet my figures often say 1:160 on the box...
Some of my structures say HO or even O Scale on their respective boxes.
Plus...
Given the thickness of paper thin walls not being so paper thin.
That is not only Zero Compression...
but Compression the other way as in 120% to some interior rooms while the outside measurements then had to be 100% spot-on to actual scale.
>>>. This began to confuse my N Scale Layout as some Ready-Made Kit N Scale items are closer to Z Scale, yet !?!?
This German Made HO Scale Train Station....
https://www.eurorailhobbies.com/product.asp?mn=7&ca=16&sc=HO&stock=V43560

> is actually too short to match an N Scale Foot Print for a Passenger Train Platform; but it's close at a 1:130 Scale...
Yes, I measured it given other known items in pictures with the prototype (cars). The model cuts off part of the prototype structure...By adding it back on...The Model becomes a close to measured N Scale Foot print.
===
Over time the prototype seemed to sink into the ground where as the surrounding roadways and path ways actually rose in altitude.
So...By first setting down the Model into a cut recess.. (Dremel Tools)
Then building up the surrounding scenery...N Scale Figures begin to Photographically fit into place.
I find myself often shaving the bottom of N Scale figures however; or drilling small holes for their feet to set down in.
That is unless. you like 8-10 foot high figure wandering around your layout.
N Scale (1:160) seem to do quite well with 1:152 Scale Structures; with a bit of work.
=====
So...an N Scale Layout with HO and O Scale components in a rather large combined Train-room of 25 x 35 feet....
Beyond all recognition of most Model Railroaders.
:)) Mark

Freight and Urban Basic Articulated Railway (For now mostly Flex Track) FUBAR
Meets at the 23 Skidoo Street Bridge to meet up with a
Not really a Layout...a Meandering Kato Unitrack Departure around the Crown Ceiling of my House.
I want the Train to leave the Train Station...keep on running...go out of sight and then come back (hopefully) in a few minutes time.
I call this part of the overalls scheme...SNAP-FU.
Stockton N Articulated Passenger Freight and Urban.
Yes, I had to add the Passenger word for it really is about not seeing a passenger train in two stations at once.
However....!?!?!The problem with DCC in Sound with Kato Unitrack?
It Snaps together.
Great for those who don't mind crawling up onto their layout to push their trains along...but for those of us advancing in years....I do NOT plan on carrying a ladder with me to even clean the Kato Crown Ceiling Layout. When I am 94 years old I intend to hire a woman in a short skirt to clean my track.
The sections of Kato Track are Soldered into 30 inch long segments, each one with it's own drop down lead.