Re: Any Info about Yahoo Closing Groups

Russell Courtenay

(I changed the subject to keep from being shocked again)

Pat Turner email:

On Jan 22, 2019, at 7:48 AM, Randy Decker randyleedecker@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Can anyone contact PAT...  there is a few google search info things now about Yahoo ending support and if that happens I'd hate to lose the photos and files sections etc.  We can always find place to chat again.....

Randy

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 10:13 PM Russell Courtenay walruswebtech@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

I haven't heard anything but have been moving my groups over to groups.io without any problems. Yahoo had a hiccup in their login for a bit and I couldn't move my bigger groups over then there were many problems (again) at Yahoo with accessing and posting to groups.

Groups.io finally got through Yahoo!'S mess and I am transferring the last of my groups over, good riddance to Yahoo! It will take a couple weeks to get everything transferred over.

I personally don't like the way Googlegroups are setup (for one thing, you do not receive your own emails back if you send a message to the group and there is no way to change that).

I'd say; if you are thinking of moving- go for it while you can!

Russell Courtenay

On Jan 21, 2019, at 7:24 PM, Randy Decker randyleedecker@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Ohh crap....   PAT....  ?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 9:01 PM 'W.R.Dixon' WRDixon@telus..net [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Seems to be a comment going around on other groups that Yahoo is closing
groups in a few days (24th).

Anybody working on the move to Goggle yet?

Bill Dixon