here’s a question for you: why didn’t JOHN build The bridges over the yard? Does anyone who operated there have any insight into this?

Thanks,

Bob Friddle

On Jan 15, 2019, at 11:00 AM, WILLIAM ELDREDGE william.eldredge@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Worse still is John Allen’s home town and state. But from what I am seeing and from the places I have lived, up and down the east coast from New York to Florida, to where I am now, a stone’s throw from John’s old stomping grounds, there is no place to flee the taxes or fees. All I see is politicians and lawyers getting rich. I have scaled back my ambitions to a small switching pike ala the timesaver. Doing that has freed up more time and space to do it right.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Randy Decker randyleedecker@... [GandD]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:46 AM
To: GandD@...
Subject: Re: [GandD] David (Dry Gulch &Western)

My Friend I can't tell you how scary New York is.  My Taxes are killing me as I am on fixed income now..   My family is all here... And I began building this space for this layout and I swear if know I could find a place that I could afford (that had all the features I have here) would be available in a state with normal Property taxes... I'd have done the move a while ago.
I can't get into politics here...  Christ knows I want to...!     None of us should.   So I will leave this message at this..

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:32 PM dave hi61izq@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Hi Randy,

Washington state may not have a state income tax but the real estate taxes are huge.  My house taxes have increased about $2000 in the past 3 years.  Sales tax in my town is 10%.  Washington state also nickel and dimes you with a large number of fees.  They have gone the way of tolls on roads too.  My license tab for my 9 year old car is $360.  I won't even talk about the new gun initiative that will go into effect in June.  I have around 5 years to retire but if things do not change soon I'll be moving somewhere that will be cheaper to live.

David (Dry Gulch & Western)

On Monday, January 14, 2019 12:56 PM, "Randy Decker randyleedecker@... [GandD]" <GandD@...> wrote:

Well Gary, all I can say is I bet the taxes are a relief my friend..!  Cuz NY is just about as fiscally looney as California.
  So the question remains...  Am I the only John Allen faithful in New England?

Randy

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 3:34 PM gary mackin southernbeau01@yahoo..com [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Randy,
I'm originally from Long Island, NY, but now in Arkansas

Gary