Re: Musical thread?

Eugen Takacs

That is really interesting. i am just an amateur musician but spend almost half of my professional carriere in music industry among professional musicians, and many of them loved the trains and model trains.

Eugen

Gesendet von Yahoo Mail für iPad

Am Montag, Jänner 14, 2019, 05:37 schrieb Reynolds John atravellertoo@... [GandD] :

Some interesting things I have observed about model railroaders... Many have an amateur interest (as in love of) in music -- Some professionally also -- And many have an interest in history (and especially military history)....
John Reynolds

On Sunday, January 13, 2019, 8:24:11 PM PST, 'Friddle, Bob' bob.friddle@... [GandD] wrote:

Get. The. F. out of here! Is that really you singing Randy? Great voice, great version of a great song, I so enjoyed that!!! Progressive rock has always been my favorite; I went to college sitting in front of genesis tour guitarist Daryl Steurmer with his jazz rock band oceans in Milwaukee (he plays a mean Firth of fifth). And so many concerts with yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, and the like. Wish I could play at that level, but I have a Lotta fun for sure and I will post a video when I can dig up the link. Reminds me of a conversation I had with the owner of Barr Mills at the narrow gauge convention here this fall, he is a bass player in a couple of bands, truly multi talented and a great guy.

Thanks, Randy, You really made my day! Are there more videos?

Bob Friddle

Gabrielle lines

Minneapolis

On Jan 13, 2019, at 1:42 PM, Randy Decker randyleedecker@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Music...!   Well certainly....! I did not know we had other musically inclined members... Have been lucky enough to have owned 2 stratocasters... one  was a japanese version from the early 80's and I swear that neck was the nicest piece of musical craftsmanship I have ever played.  Never ever should have sold all the guitars I have sold through the years..  Had and a slew of Rickenbackers including TWO double neck azureglo Blue 4/6 configurations.   Gibson double neck, a custom built Hamer 8 string Bass and more acoustic guitars than I can remember.   Still use Four Ovation Super Adams 1's and had a plan to recreate the best of the early 1970's progressive rock genre...  Band still has part of a website...  www.progchronicles.com  here's a youtube link to me singing some very old Genesis, recorded live...right here in my small practice room/studio at full volume.....  If your not into "Prog" you won't care for this but the musicianship is excellent...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hulSeyRq6s0&t=13s

Randy

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 2:16 PM Warner Swarner wbswarner@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Boyd,

Are you kidding me!  You too?  Another Strat lover. There seems to be a common thread here.  Not just bridge bridges,  but guitar bridges.
We may have a G&D Tribute Rock band on our hands.  The Bridge Brothers or Rail Benders.  At least another excuse to enjoy the interchange.
OK, everybody out of the closet.  How many ex-rockers or guitar Wannabes? are G&D followers?  I confess, I own more guitars than brass engines (ever). I know Russel is a guitarist/vocalist.  I suspect several several others have had more than trains in their garage at one time or another. Any confessions?  The Music/Art/Model Railroad gene seems to be on the same chromosome.  All my closest model RR buddies have been/are musicians.
Warner

On Jan 13, 2019, at 9:22 AM, boydw7@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Dave, as you can tell by our crowing both Randy and I are having the time of our lives. Haven't had s much fun since I got my first Fender Stratocaster in 1973. Although I learned to play that dream didn't pan out and I'm glad it didn't. Looks like this G&D dream is gonna happen. I have a pic of a temporary mirror at the Great Divide yard in the Gorre Northern album. Looks like the Cold Shoulder mirror will work and maybe Andrews. I don't have much of a Devil's Gulch on my pike but maybe a large mirror would work behind the corner curves that preceed my French Gulch...I'll take a look at that. I am now working in the high line above Port and the sweeping curve behind the roundhouse and then down over the yard to connect to the line from Angels Camp. Boyd