Re: Musical thread?

Bob Friddle

Oh boy, how fun is that!? Tele, Fender acoustic and Gibson ES 135 1964 hollow body electric here. Train kept arolling all night long!
Bob friddle

On Jan 13, 2019, at 1:16 PM, Warner Swarner wbswarner@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Boyd,

Are you kidding me!  You too?  Another Strat lover. There seems to be a common thread here.  Not just bridge bridges,  but guitar bridges.
We may have a G&D Tribute Rock band on our hands.  The Bridge Brothers or Rail Benders.  At least another excuse to enjoy the interchange.
OK, everybody out of the closet.  How many ex-rockers or guitar Wannabes? are G&D followers?  I confess, I own more guitars than brass engines (ever). I know Russel is a guitarist/vocalist.  I suspect several several others have had more than trains in their garage at one time or another. Any confessions?  The Music/Art/Model Railroad gene seems to be on the same chromosome.  All my closest model RR buddies have been/are musicians.
Warner

On Jan 13, 2019, at 9:22 AM, boydw7@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Dave, as you can tell by our crowing both Randy and I are having the time of our lives. Haven't had s much fun since I got my first Fender Stratocaster in 1973. Although I learned to play that dream didn't pan out and I'm glad it didn't. Looks like this G&D dream is gonna happen. I have a pic of a temporary mirror at the Great Divide yard in the Gorre Northern album. Looks like the Cold Shoulder mirror will work and maybe Andrews. I don't have much of a Devil's Gulch on my pike but maybe a large mirror would work behind the corner curves that preceed my French Gulch...I'll take a look at that. I am now working in the high line above Port and the sweeping curve behind the roundhouse and then down over the yard to connect to the line from Angels Camp. Boyd