From: GandD@... [mailto:GandD@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 9:47 AM
To: GandD@...
Subject: Re: [GandD] Randy's photos

Hmmm quite not sure what your seeing...  the floor is flat and level I painted the walkway on the floor as a way to transfer the layouts outer edge to the valence that follows it around the room from above...  It is just a swath of white paint. It has some old black paint in some areas that may give it a 3D shadow effect as I have changed the footprint slightly in a few places over time...  Added more space to the Gorre peninsula.   That is my tightest squeeze.... .

    I do want to mimic John's painted concrete floor in the end as I will have scenery right to the floor in the same places.   So eventually I will have to address this floor issue with more of my limited brain power.

 Masonite is nice and flat if I can hide the seams but foot traffic will always be an issue, so I am thinking of making a dam form on the floor and pouring a floor leveler into the walkway area or even a two part resin like what we use for water effects... It would have to be about an inch think to be durable enough and a slightly flexible mix or product designed for flexibility would save on cracking..... That company Smooth-On I mentioned to you, has these options BTW Tom...  but I have to put more thought into it before addressing it.

  I am framing out the engine facility right now...  It is fun to see something start to look like a layout...!   Photos to follow sometime soon.

Randy

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 8:25 PM pr-line@... [GandD] <GandD@...> wrote:

Randy,

In your photos, it looks like your aisleway is slightly raised. Am I seeing that correctly?