Re: Engine House Articles posted in Photos section

Jeffrey L Witt

Your sizes are correct Jim, at 46 DPI. These were scanned (and saved)
at 300 DPI, which scales them back to about 8.5 x 11. Sorry for the
long download times; I am saving all the articles off to CD-ROM as I
scan them. My eventual goal is to have everything in electronic
format at the highest reasonable resolution. Since at least one of
the group members (Clarke Warren) is using the article to build from
(in N-scale, no less!!!) I wanted to provide the best detail
possible, disk space and bandwidth aside. How is construction coming
along, Clarke?

If any of you with slow dial-ups can't stand the pain of downloading
these, drop me an e-mail and I will size/compress them to your needs,
zip it up, and drop it in the "files" section.

When we need "Photo" space, I can zip these up and put them in
the "files" section for archiving.

Also, if any of your are looking for a specific article, let me know
and if I have it (which is a good bet), I will move it to the top of
my list and get it scanned and posted.

My (mostly up-to-date) list of articles, etc. is in the "Database"
section.

Jeff

--- In GandD@y..., "jbuckley96813" <jimbuckley@h...> wrote:
Pat, we are using about 78% of our available space. I don't know
if
folks are using any of the stuff, but delete away if you or
anyone
else needs space; I figured go ahead and use what's available,
right?

Jeff...

One reason so much space is being used is that the 11 engine house
article images (much appreciated!) are taking up 7.7mb! You have
them
sized to about 50 x 70 inches at 46 dpi. I downloaded them, ran them
through Photoshop and resized them to 8 x 10 inches at 150dpi and
saved them at the same jpeg level you did. This brought the total
for
all 11 down to about 2.5mb -- one third the space requirement. They
print out very nicely. Thought you should know.

Aloha,
Jim
Dinkey Creek & Lone Pine RR
Honolulu