California Great Shakeout - Radio GREATSHAKERADIO@groups.io
The Topanga, CA Disaster Radio Team and Interop-22* are joining forces to run radio nets on October 18, 2018 for the California Great Shake Out. We set up this group to create a central resource for publishing times and locations of not only our nets and any other radio nets will be running anywhere in Southern California that day.
Although the primary purpose of the nets is to test and create connections between emergency preparedness and communications groups we’ll welcome check-ins from any licensed ham.
Any ham radio groups who will be running a net on October 18th and who will be taking guest check-ins from the public are welcome to send in information about the net we'll add it to the master list that’s stored on this site. The list will not include private or closed nets.
To submit a listing please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
CALL SIGN of the person submitting information: so everyone will know who to blame if it’s wrong
ORGANIZATION sponsoring or running the net: something like [City] Disaster Radio Team, or [Location] ARES
HOURS of expected operation
FREQUENCY / REPEATER info. Please Note: It is assumed that any frequency/offset/tone information you provide for you net / repeater is public information !
* Interop-22 runs a weekly net in western Los Angeles Co., CA for hams who are located in communities served by L.A. Sheriff Dist. 22 and/or members of local emergency preparedness organizations. Shout out to: Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Hidden Hills, Malibu, Thousand Oaks, Topanga, Westlake Village, Ventura County ACS, ARES-LAX Northwest, DMAC-Area B, LA City ACS and CERT teams, and Malibu Search & Rescue.
- 1 Member
- 0 Topics
- Started on
- Only moderators can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]