Topics

TinyTrak3 programming

Michael <moody.michael@...>

Hi all,

I'm programming up my TinyTrak3 for GPSL2019.

For a balloon, is it better to use regular APRS encoding or Mic-E? In the TinyTrak programming I see that you can select different MIC-E WIDE-X paths. Anyone have any input?

See you in a month or so!

Mike KD0MEQ
MOHAB

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I only use APRS, I never use MIC-E,

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 7:45 AM Michael <moody.michael@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm programming up my TinyTrak3 for GPSL2019.

For a balloon, is it better to use regular APRS encoding or Mic-E? In the TinyTrak programming I see that you can select different MIC-E WIDE-X paths. Anyone have any input?

See you in a month or so!

Mike KD0MEQ
MOHAB

Mike, n0mpm

I like regular aprs...if my mapping pgm goes kaput, I can see lat/long in the raw packets...
mike