Topics

This year's meeting.

Jerry

Starting to think about this year's GPSL.  Any thoughts yet on if it will be an in person meeting?  I believe this year was planned for Spaceport Indiana.

With more of us getting the Covid shot in person might be a possibility this year.  June might be a little early but is an Aug/Sept timeframe more doable.

If not in person, any thoughts on an alternative launch?

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com

Zack Clobes W0ZC

There have been some dates thrown around for a July meeting, but nothing confirmed.

Zack

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:18 PM Jerry via groups.io <jerrygable=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Starting to think about this year's GPSL.  Any thoughts yet on if it will be an in person meeting?  I believe this year was planned for Spaceport Indiana.

With more of us getting the Covid shot in person might be a possibility this year.  June might be a little early but is an Aug/Sept timeframe more doable.

If not in person, any thoughts on an alternative launch?

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com

Michael Hojnowski

If we do end up having an in-person GPSL, I do hope we livestream it again anyway.  I'm sure there will be participants who can't or don't feel comfortable traveling.  I'm willing to contribute some effort to make that happen.  My University Zoom account with a 300 participant cap remains available.  I'm also totally game to help if we choose a different solution.  I just think the livestream is technology that should be here to stay.

Mike / KD2EAT

On 3/2/2021 6:18 PM, Jerry via groups.io wrote:
Starting to think about this year's GPSL.  Any thoughts yet on if it will be an in person meeting?  I believe this year was planned for Spaceport Indiana.

Jules Hojnowski

I would love a zoom, but would also love to go to this one :)

Jules/ kd2fou

If we do end up having an in-person GPSL, I do hope we livestream it again anyway.  I'm sure there will be participants who can't or don't feel comfortable traveling.  I'm willing to contribute some effort to make that happen.  My University Zoom account with a 300 participant cap remains available.  I'm also totally game to help if we choose a different solution.  I just think the livestream is technology that should be here to stay.

Mike / KD2EAT

On 3/2/2021 6:18 PM, Jerry via groups.io wrote:
Starting to think about this year's GPSL.  Any thoughts yet on if it will be an in person meeting?  I believe this year was planned for Spaceport Indiana.

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I agree, thank you.