From: "Mark Conner N9XTN"
To: GPSL@groups.io
Sent: Friday May 18 2018 3:01:21PM
Subject: [GPSL] Slow-rising balloon over Lake Michigan

Ascent rate is around 300 ft/min, current altitude about 48 kft.

Best case is that the drift will continue back to the east far enough to burst and then land onshore in Michigan.  However, the winds about ~75 kft become pretty light and variable, so this may be asking a lot.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 2:29 PM, Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
A school group I was with lost one in Lake Huron Canadian water recently. Didn't get to altitude fast enough. Launched from Mt. Pleasant, MI

Chris