Topics

Saturday Prediction

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

It looks to me that the predicted landing zone has moved slightly north.

Running a few predictions, it looks like we could come down near the Orchard exit of I-84 if we launch from Jordan Valley.

There's a good loop of road at the Orchard exit (Orchard Access) of I-84. That would give us paved road from launch to landing zone. How does everyone else feel?

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

Doibg some more tests, it looks like our original spit is fine, we just need to launch with an ascent rate of 1200 com or higher.

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018, 5:07 AM L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:
It looks to me that the predicted landing zone has moved slightly north.

Running a few predictions, it looks like we could come down near the Orchard exit of I-84 if we launch from Jordan Valley.

There's a good loop of road at the Orchard exit (Orchard Access) of I-84. That would give us paved road from launch to landing zone. How does everyone else feel?

Jerry

Here is my prediction from this morning.  It may be a mile or so longer but as Paul says, if we keep the ascent rate up we should be fine.

Jerry

Inline image

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com

Doibg some more tests, it looks like our original spit is fine, we just need to launch with an ascent rate of 1200 com or higher.

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018, 5:07 AM L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:
It looks to me that the predicted landing zone has moved slightly north.

Running a few predictions, it looks like we could come down near the Orchard exit of I-84 if we launch from Jordan Valley.

There's a good loop of road at the Orchard exit (Orchard Access) of I-84. That would give us paved road from launch to landing zone. How does everyone else feel?

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

Predicting ascent rates, I see we need at least 5 pounds positive lift in each balloon. Mike, we might want closer to 6. The predictor is showing a 120,000 feet flight and landing near Kuna.